Some of the reasons why more and more Singaporeans are opting for Soundproof windows –
- HDB/Condo unit is near to the MRT tracks, TV is inaudible when the train passes by
- Apartment is next to the expressway and there’s constant noise from the vehicular traffic
- HDB flat in a noisy neighbourhood, disturbance from coffee shop or playground in the vicinity
- Block off loud sounds from construction activity in surrounding area
- Owner is a music or entertainment artist and wants to privacy for himself as well as others
- Have the right setting at home for meditation, yoga or exercising
- Just have a quiet and peaceful home or office environment
The double glazed glass used in our soundproof windows are effective in noise reduction to great extent. It consists of two layers of sandwiched glass with metal in between. So, instead of the single layer it’s a 15 mm layer (two 5mm glass sheets separate by 5mm metal strip in the frame).
You can expect a noise reduction of 40% to 80% based on the height of your unit. Low floor units can typically expect noise reduction of upto 80%. And of course to keep the sound out such windows can only be installed for the casement window types
There are some other intangible benefits to Soundproof Windows besides sound control. They are temperature control – Keeps the interiors cool on hot sunny day thereby reducing your air usage and electricity bills. And better safety and security on account of the extra thickness of the window glass.
Over the past few year we have helped many home owners achieve their peace of mind by reducing the noise levels for their residence.