A bathroom is one of the most important rooms of the home since you do private activities there. Bathing being one of the common activities, it causes a lot of water to be splashed making the floor wet and slippery. Wet floors have been a cause for many a fall and injury. So, keeping the bathroom floor dry is certainly desirable and a Shower Screen is what helps to maintain that.
While the simplest form of Shower Screen is curtains, a decorative plastic sheet hung from a rod which enables you to restraint water to the bathing area to some extent. However, they are not very effective since adjoining areas may still get splashed with water and secondly they do not give a neat and convenient solution. If you wish to have a smart, snappy and clean look for your bathroom then a glass or acrylic based screen with a convenient open-close mechanism needs to be installed.
Shower Screens are available in various types, shapes and screen designs. You can leverage the various options to add glamour and class to your bathroom.
Types of Screens
- Traditional framed Shower Screen with sliding mechanism. Typically Aluminium or PVC frames are used with normal/patterned sheet glass or acrylic panels.
- Frameless Shower Screens where panes of tempered glass are used with unobtrusive fittings. These are usually installed with Swing Door access
- Semi-frameless – combination framed and frameless panes. These are rare and used in cases where full frameless section cannot be installed
Shapes of Shower Screens
- Simple wall to wall style of screen which can is used to simply partition your bathroom into wet and dry areas. Both Sliding & Swing Door access can be deployed for this style
- Corner Style Shower which fits into the smallest available area and is structured with one fixed and one/two sliding or swing panels for easy access into the shower area
- Diamond or Curved shaped shower cubicles, suited for limited space shower area and give a stylish look and feel.
As for the designs, there are ample of beautiful screens to choose from, especially for Acrylic Panels. Of course, if you prefer the clarity of glass then 4 mm tempered glass sheets are a popular choice.
Few things to look for when buying the shower screens would be the quality of the screen itself which should be of adequate thickness and fully water-resistant; durability of the hinges or sliding systems for long term usage; and lastly, if the sealing of panels is adequately water-tight.
We have been installing Shower Screens with various customizations for homeowners in Singapore over the past 10 years. You can be assured of best quality screen panels (framed or frameless) and door mechanisms be it sliding or swing types.