Wooden Doors are the basic, most commonly used doors for rooms and as main doors. A solid core Wooden Door is the unanimous choice for the front door. And why not, the front door of your home is the first impression a visitor gets. The first thing we grab when we arrive and the last thing we touch when we leave so its natural why many of us still like our doors to be made of wood. The material’s warmth, durability and the many design options available makes it the ideal choice. For rooms, a hollow core Wooden Door is just nice.
Its good to understand the pros and cons of a solid core vs hollow core door
- Better with heat and sound insulation, since it embodies a solid piece of material
- Better security against intruders and thieves, since these are difficult to break open
- Pricier, but more suitable for exterior doors
- Heavier, can withstand extra wear & tear and more durable against extreme weather conditions
- Air pockets inside allows more heat and sound to pass, so not as effective as solid core for insulation
- Easier to break down, much weaker from a security standpoint
- Less expensive than solid core
- Lighter and succumb to weather conditions more easily, may need early replacement
We deal mainly in 3 types of the wood doors which are commonly found across Singapore, they are –
* Nyatoh Doors
* Classic Doors
* Veneer Doors
Nyatoh Doors are made or Nyatoh wood which is strong, resistant to denting and marring. Though Teak wood would set a higher standard in terms of durability, Nyatoh doors weather well for outdoor applications and is used as an alternative to Teak which tends to be more expensive. Solid core Nyatoh doors are commonly used as main entrance doors and take well to stain and polish.
Classic Doors provide a simple, elegant and cost effective option. Available in a range of beautifully modeled front & back panels these are ideal for bedroom doors. These take on colors and varnish well, giving you the flexibility to match them with the your room décor.
Veneer Doors offer a flat, consistent and uniform panel for doors, they are basically made of veneers (thin slices of wood) glued onto the core to give a neat finish. Due to their sleek looks and variety of designs and styles available, Veneer Doors are much sought after by home owners nowadays. They tend to be a bit pricier than the contemporary doors though.
We also provide Fire-rated doors which are mandated by authorities (HDB/BCA) under certain conditions such as doors along the fire escape route (opening into passageways and lift lobbies)
All our door installations include good quality Door knobs /levers with a standard lock & key function.